Sunday, September 18, 2011

While Telmex was changing our internet over...

I spent some time unpacking and getting settled into our new apartment. We love it by the way. Telmex, our local internet/phone company took their sweet time coming over to do a job that literally took 5 minutes. I am officially done complaining about that. 

Let me share with you all the story of the mueble (piece of furniture in Spanish). This is a buffet that some STINTers found in the trash of their apt 3 years ago.
This was after Gabo used his brute force to pull out the vertical pieces in the middle that made up a wine rack. We aren't big wine-o's here so we preferred simple shelves in the middle. I got my instructions from www.younghouselove.com and a friendly paint salesman at the local Soriana store.

So first I sanded it.
Then I did a spray on primer. 



And that is when Angie and I started to get a little light headed in the house. We opened some windows and turned on the fan. 

Then later that night, I started the lovely task of painting the beast in all it's nooks and crannies with black oil paint mixed with a little bit of paint thinner. 


Just so you know, that paint was a pain to get off my skin but well worth it in the long run. 

So here it looks all finished. 




We love it. Although we have no idea who the original owners were, we are glad that it ended up in our house!

4 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

BIG fan!!!

Are Montes said...

Piece of work!! i know that you have an artist spirit inside of you em! ;)

Kellie said...

I like it!

And I am deeply obsessed with younghouselove. I wish I was their real-life friend.

John said...

!