Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh the joys of life in Mexico

I have been particularly content these days in Mexico. Work is off to a good start, I am enjoying my friends, marriage and the city. I think we are in a good routine.

As some of you know, the hubs and I dated only a year before we tied the knot. So much of our life these days is still just getting to know each other and our differences and our similarities. In some major ways, Gabo and I are alike. We love Jesus, we love our friends, we pretty much need a break from life about the same time. We like the same kind of movies, we like simplicity, etc.



There are some things that I have learned about this man in the last 3 months that were not previously known...let me share them with you.

This guy is a little bit more cautious than I would ever have known. Yesterday he simply said that risks with safety just weren't worth it. I don't think he will be going skydiving anytime soon. He wouldn't even let the nephew do anything alone this summer for fear of him getting hurt under his care.

Gabo is a clean person. He likes personal hygiene and well I don't. This morning he jumps out of bed and goes right into shower. This is normal. I wait until the very last minute so maybe I don't have to do it. For example this morning at 9:22am, staff meeting starting at 10:00am, I am standing in the hall with my towel...
Emily: "Gabo, do you ever not want to shower?"
Gabo: "No never. I love showers."
Emily: "Really? Never?"
Gabo: "We are different in this. I see showers as a reward. You see them as a punishment."

I laughed out loud. It is so true!

And that is my life these days.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am with Gabo on the showers!