Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Safe and Sound in His arms



Today Angie and I went to Tepito for a little bit. We had some donations to drop of at a church mission there. Tepito is not the safest part of the city. In fact, even my taxi driver today didn't want to go there. On the way home we saw a car accident that led to a fight in the street. It was a crazy day.

Anyways, I captured this picture. Angie was holding this baby at the church when he started to fuss during the sermon. Before long her arms rocked that baby right to sleep. When we needed to get going, she went to pass the baby off to another girl but he grabbed back on and she sat for a few minutes longer.

Doesn't it feel great to feel safe? I don't mean just physically even though that is a real thing for me here. But I mean emotionally and spiritually. I often refer to my walk with God as knowing he's good but it doesn't always feel safe. I know he will not let me go cause it's not in his character so why do I struggle so much to stay?

May I rest in my Savior's arms like this baby rests in Angie's.

No comments: