Friday, August 14, 2009

A year in review



Yesterday I had a Day With the Lord. Let me tell you what that means. One of the blessings of being on staff is spending one day a month with Jesus. Yesterday I went to the Latin American Tower-my favorite places here in Mexico City and I was able to process some of the things that God has taught me. If it's ok with you, I want to share them with you.

-A couple of weeks ago my friend John told me that good leaders are defined by what you say no to. I haven't done a good job saying no this year. I have allowed things to creep on my plate and I took responsibility of things that weren't mine. I have learned what matters to me and I'm committed to only doing that.

-Repaying the debt of love is something I have been learning the last 6 months. I have been very diligent in working off financial debt and comparing that to paying the debt of love--I just haven't worked as hard at that. I want to love like Jesus loves and that is what life comes down to right? Loving?

-I have figured out what I am passionate about...more than just my ministry with a certain missions organization but in life. It doesn't matter where I work. It matters what I do. (more could be coming on this if I get around writing down my ministry philosophy)

-I could stay in Mexico. Because I like who I am better here. No offense to those friends reading from the United States. Something changed in me where I realized that I won't ever be "normal" again in the US but I will never be fully Mexican. I guess I'll be stuck in between for the years to come...or forever.

I think that's all for now. It's been a roller coaster of a year but am so grateful for it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing Emily! It's good to hear how God is working in you. I am super excited about how God is speaking to me as well. This morning was our "family reunion" service at GC with only one service. It was amazing from start to finish. God is so good!