Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lost Items

The other day I lost my Bible. Now, I don't lose a lot of things and it drives me crazy when I can't find something. I looked all over on Monday morning before needing to leave for a meeting. My dear friend Caitlin is here visiting and she was sleeping in my room when I was searching. I left for the meeting feeling disappointed about not knowing where my favorite brown bible was. I have a couple others but this was the one that has the marks all over it and I feel at home when I read it.

Coming back Monday, it was still on my mind even though I successfully read another Bible. When I finally found it, I literally jumped up with joy and ran in and told my roommate.

It reminds me when the woman loses the coin.

"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neigbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
Luke 15:8-10

1 comment:

amy brink said...

love your new format!!!!!!