Monday, November 12, 2007

What I'm reading these Days

It was suggested to me by my friend to check out the book written about the life of Jim Elliot called "Shadow of the Almighty". I've been reading it for about a week now and am hooked. You should pick a copy if you are a reader and want to be encouraged. Here's one of my favorite quotes so far. As you can see, he had a passion for Latin America too.

"Mexico has stolen my heart. We've been here for a fortnight and they have invited me to stay as long as I wish. Right now I almost wish it were for life...The Lord has been good to me in bringing me here and giving this brief opportunity to se the field and hear the language a bit. Missionaries are very human folks, just doing what they are asked. Simply a bunch of nobodies trying to exalt Somebody."

I couldn't agree with you more Jim.

1 comment:

amy brink said...

mmmmmm so encouraging!