Monday, September 24, 2007

The Honeymoon Has Ended

Often in ministry, we talk about the cycles of momentum. The main on lasts about 6 weeks and it is called the honeymoom phase. This means that everything is great, you love the culture and you "seem" to be adjusting well. After that, it goes into a time of hard adjusting of figuring out who you really are in this culture. Today the honeymoon stage ended. People say that one of the hardest parts of living in another country is attempting to get a haircut. I tried today and it's was unsuccessful. It's been a rough one. Who knew my hair would suddenly mean so much to me? This issue is deeper than that but I'm looking forward to what is to come in Mexico--to see who I am in this country, in Christ and what it looks like to love well.

Needless to say, I may not be posting a picture for awhile (hopefully the follow-up appointment tomorrow will be better)!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hair is way important! Glad you found a girl you can talk with. I tried to get my haircut in Paris and had a similar outcome. Hey, we're world travelers, just get your hair done before you leave home.

amy brink said...

hi my friend. i love you. i am praying for you. i can't wait to hear how the emergency hair cut went. i love you.

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

And I have another way to stalk you. HAHAHA!!! I love and miss ya girl.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.