Sunday, July 01, 2007

MC3

My church is doing some cool things in the downtown area. I think the way we in recent years have portrayed Christ is changing. In the past, we honestly have been all talk. We say that Jesus would feed the poor and serve the needy but I didn't actually participate. I just talked about it. So we "Christians" would say it but not do it. Maybe it has been since I have started to mature in my faith that I have seen and gotten to be a part of the body of Christ doing instead of saying.

Yesterday, I went to the new community center in downtown SB to volunteer. The team is still renovating and working to get the center up and running. All 3 student ministries were there to help (middle and high school and college age). I'm feeling the burn this morning but it was so worth it. I know that I may not be able to be a part of seeing lives changed in those buildings but I know that I got to be a part of helping demolish, move and transform buildings so that lives may be impacted by a real life, practical, relevant Jesus. I don't want to talk about what Jesus would do. I want to do it.

To watch the progress of the buildings and to see the vision check out the blog. http://mylifecampaign.blogspot.com/

No comments: