Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm reading this book called "The Life You've Always Wanted" by John Ortberg. I think he is one of my favorite authors. He writes in a very frank and convicting manner that changes my life. Last night I was finishing up the chapter called "The Unhurried Life" and I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you because I am guilty of running through life. Today I was convicted by what I could be missing.

"The truth is, as much as we complain about it, we are drawn to hurry. It makes us feel important. It keeps the adrenaline pumping. It means we don't have to look too closely at the heart or life. It keeps us from feling our loneliness."

"American society is filled with ideas and values and pressures and temptations about success and securty and comfort and happiness that we will not even notice unless we withdraw on occaision."

Hope this speaks to you in the same way it spoke to my heart.

Love you all.

No comments: